Thursday, May 30, 2013

Can you rebrand something that wasn't branded in the first place?

Either way, I'm doing a bit of "rebranding" for this blog. I didn't have a clear direction for this blog before, other than "write things, publish, hope for best." Now, I really would like a place to chronicle my current life (since I, for one, find it pretty enjoyable) in the form of funny, honest stories about what it's like to be me.

So what is it like to be me?

me

Where to begin... I grew up in and around Kansas City, KS. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter in 2008, I moved to Omaha, NE and got married to her dad in 2009. He was, at the time, in the Air Force based out of Offutt AFB. She was born in September '09 and I have been alternately a stay-at-home and working mom since. (I am currently of the stay-at-home variety, and I honestly love it, I feel like it better suits me). In 2010, her dad and I separated and in 2011 we got divorced (but don't worry, we have kept a cordial almost-friendship for the sake of our daughter, so there's no animosity there). I also met my current husband in 2011, another airman based out of Offutt. Last year, my daughter's dad moved to Beale AFB in Sacramento, CA. Then a blessing in disguise came by way of my husband (boyfriend at the time....) getting orders to Monterey, CA, all of three and a half hours from where my daughter's dad is stationed. So we got married in December of 2012 and moved to California in January of this year.

Phew. Sorry if that was like, super boring, but most if not all of that background information will probably be useful for future reference. I've been meaning to start writing here again since we got here in January, since I've only ever lived in Kansas and Nebraska my whole life and California is a far cry from the Midwest (I mean that in neither a good nor bad way, just stating facts here). I also went from being a working mom with a boyfriend in Nebraska to a stay-at-home mom (again) with a husband in California in a matter of a couple months. Talk about crazy.

Anyway, I want to start writing posts about what it's like here in California from a Midwestern girl's perspective, being a military wife, being a stay-at-home mom to my 3-year-old daughter, cooking for my family and occasionally getting dressed. So get ready for that. It's gonna be ca-ray-zee. Maybe. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...