Monday, October 21, 2013

Stay-At-Home Mom Style Remix: Weekender

Stay-At-Home Mom Style Remix: Weekender
necklace/ Old Navy | tee/ Gap | button up, jeans/ Target | boots/ Kohl's

This weekend was pretty crazy. J had the day off on Friday, and this is what I wore when we took E down to Fisherman's Wharf to look at the seals and otters and get some ice cream. It was our last day with her before we took her to her dad, and we had a lot of fun.

I'm happy to say that I have decided I love these grey jeans, and I love this outfit. Since we're no longer concerned about getting paid, I've been shopping again this month (can't wait to show you what I've gotten!), and one of the things I got was a pair of knee-high grey boots that look amazing with these jeans. So excited.

Stay-At-Home Mom Style Remix: Weekender
necklace/ Old Navy| cardigan/ Target (thrifted) | tee/ Gap | jeans/ Post Exchange | boots/ JustFab

Saturday we drove up north to take E to her dad. Living in the bay is weird, because you can drive as little as 30 minutes north (and inland), and the temperature difference can be like 30 degrees sometimes. So I wore layers knowing that while it was cold in Monterey, it wouldn't be up north where we met for lunch, then at the outlet mall that J and I went to after. I'm glad I layered because that cardigan had to come off. Then it went back on later that night once we got back and went bowling with friends. (I started the game with a turkey, but still managed to lose. That takes some special skillz.)

Now, I'm going to need your help. When I put together my 30 pieces, I included a lot of my favorites that I know are infinitely remixable. But I also included a few pieces (like my grey jeans) that I wasn't sure about, and wanted a chance to play around with before decided to keep or get rid of them. This cardigan is one of those pieces. I like it, but I'm just not sure how many ways I'll be able to style it. The color and the boldness of the polka dots make it difficult for me. So what do you say? Should it go or should it stay?

Stay-At-Home Mom Style Remix: Weekender
scarf/ gift | jacket/ Old Navy | dress/ Target | boots/ JustFab

Sunday was the first day in awhile that J and I had completely to ourselves. We had absolutely no idea what to do with ourselves, so we decided to go see a movie. I took advantage of the opportunity to wear my new favorite dress with my new favorite boots, and styled it for the cooler weather we've been having. My knees were still a little cold, so I see some tights in my future!

I hope you guys had a great weekend, and thank you for all the kind words about my new header!

14 comments:

  1. the dress with the denim jacket and boots is adorable!! love love love it

    xo, Nina

    afterthe40barfinish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last outfit! That dress with the boots and belt is PERFECT for Fall! I am on the fence about the polka dot sweater... LOL No help. --Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for loving your gray jeans again! I think maybe you have to wear them with the right color shoes/boots to make them work... I like the cardi! Great color, and polka dots are so fun! I say keep playing around with it! And I LOVE outfit THIRTEEN! I'm not sure I feel comfortable wearing tall boots with bare legs, but you're pulling it off just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all these outfits, especially 13! Also, if you are getting rid of your cardigan I will send you my address and you can pass it along to me! ;) I really like it honestly. It would be cute layered over chambray or one of your button ups. The boldness of it makes it kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the polka dots! try it under your cargo vest over a t shirt. agi just posted something similar on vodka infused lemonade. or go crazy with the pattern matching -- maybe with your red checks? that mustard/olive color is a great for pairing it in unexpected ways! maybe pinterest mustard/olive or polka dot outfit combos for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh good suggestions, thanks! I'll definitely be giving it another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I bet it'll look adorable on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I think 13 is my favorite so far. :) I'll be giving it another try for sure, but if I decide to get rid of it I'd love to let you have a crack at it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Agreed. I can't wait to show them to you with the grey boots, it looks awesome. Thanks, I'll be playing with it some more for sure! And thank you! I definitely think it's my favorite so far, and definitely an all-time fave as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Haha that's okay, I just need to play with it more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see! :)

    Subject: Re: New comment posted on Fairy Wings Make Good Soup: Stay-At-Home Mom Style Remix: Weekender

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, that polka dot cardigan is ridiculously cute. I also LOVE outfit 13 - it's hands down my favorite of the challenge so far. I would wear this entire outfit in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Brynn! That one seems to be a lot of people's (including me!) favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...