Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Stay-At-Home Mom Style Remix: Seven Eight Nine

striped shirt/ JC Penney | plaid shirt, jeans/ Old Navy | boots/ Kohl's


Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven eight nine! Sorry, I know that's a lame joke and it doesn't even work written down, but it's all I could think after writing the title for this post. Moving on. 

I love layered looks like this, and pattern mixing. Particularly stripes with, well anything really, but I love it with this gingham/plaid pattern. I know the colors are a bit off but this shirt is actually navy striped, not purple. I love the navy and red together, and that it doesn't feel nautical.


tee/ Gap | necklace, cardigan/ Old Navy | jeans, flats/ Target

This one is a bit more conservative than what I normally wear. I don't mean literally conservative, since I don't really show off my cleavage or a lot of skin on the regular. I guess figuratively conservative? There's not much really going on in this outfit, but I still think it's cute and feel good in it. 


blazer/ TJ Maxx | tee/ Gap | jeans/ Old Navy | flats/ Target

I wore this for our parent-teacher conference. I tried to look professional but still casual, and I feel like the blazer + tee + jeans combo always hits that nail right on the head. I mean, I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans, but the blazer just takes it up several notches. I like it, but that's the reason I don't feel like I can wear blazers that often. Any casual blazer recommendations? 

(Btw, you're getting inside pics again because our new neighbors have been moving in next door the last few days and I don't want "Oh hi I'm just taking photos of myself to post online" to be their first impression of me.)

16 comments:

  1. #7 is so fun! Definitely my favorite of the challenge so far (I think, although maybe I should go back and look to make sure!). Stripes and gingham layers are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Andi. #7 is so cute with your pattern mixing. I might have to recreate this with my gingham and striped shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love outfit 7 and the mix of patterns! I'll be stealing this idea :). In response to your blazer question... Target's Merona brand has a double knit blazer that comes in gray, which would go with everything and is extremely casual... its like the sweat pants version of blazers :) AND... the cartwheel app has a coupon for Merona blazers right now for 20% off! The coupon is good until Nov 2!
    Mandy


    PS - laughed out loud when I read the part about your new neighbors... this is why my pictures are ALWAYS indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look like great comfy outfits, love this blazer too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All cute! Blazers are so cute, but I'm with you, they don't really fit in my SAHM lifestyle... Some days I wish I had a reason to dress up more often... but then I remember how nice it is to not *have to* dress any certain way. I have a few blazers hidden in my closet for those once in a while moments. :) BTW, I love coral on you! And I love the bright shade of blue of your blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Mandy and I did get some looks while shooting on her front porch once...well, now that I think about it, she made ME take the outside pictures, and we took hers inside...HMMMM. :)
    Ps. I LOVE blazers! #9 look is my hands down favorite. --Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING number 9! That blazer is so flattering!

    xo, Nina

    afterthe40barfinish

    ReplyDelete
  8. figuratively conservative, LOL, still giggling. i adore the gingham with the stripes... awesome combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I think it's my favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I'm very much loving the combo right now, I'd love to see your spin on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha of course. :) Thanks! I need more blazers in my life, but really I need more reasons to wear blazers in my life haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! And thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that out asap! Haha I don't know how I would react if I got caught. (Which I almost did while taking today's pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Ginny! I love blazers on you, it makes me want to wear them more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! I hear ya. Sometimes I miss dressing "office-y" and professional, but then I remember, I don't have to work today! Well, not office-y type work, anyway. ;) It's so nice to be able to dress how I want. Thanks! Coral and teal are two of my favorite clothing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I seriously love this blazer, I wish it got more wear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wasn't sure how to describe what I meant, that was the best I could do! Hahaha. Thank you! I think it's my new favorite combo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...