Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

My pumpkin kick is still in full swing. I just love it so much, you guys. After posting a few of my favorite smoothie recipes awhile back, I've been working on coming up with some more, and I think we have a winner with this one. It's like pumpkin oatmeal, but in a glass, to go.

Ingredients

1 banana
2 heaping spoonfuls of pumpkin (or to taste)
1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 cup milk
1 spoonful brown sugar (or you can use honey)
1 tsp cinnamon (plus more for garnish, if desired)

Blend all ingredients. Garnish if desired. Enjoy!

Plus, did you guys know about all the health benefits of pumpkin? I sure didn't until I looked them up. As an orange veggie (like carrots and sweet potatoes), they help with eyesight. They are also rich in fiber but low in calories, so they aid in weight loss. They can even help keep your skin wrinkle-free and give your immune system a boost. (source) So maybe indulging in this pumpkin obsession is a good thing, after all!

Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie Recipe

4 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I have renewed my smoothie obsessions since I started my cleanse. I really need to share my pumpkin sausage soup with you; it is so GOOD! :) I wish it would start feeling like Fall around here, so I could get excited about all things pumpkin...still H.O.T. ugh. --Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! You should totally share it. :) Hope you get some fall weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This smoothie sounds really good! I've never made a smoothie with oatmeal before, but I bet it's really filling. And pumpkin sausage soup!?! I'd love to try that recipe, too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very filling, between the pumpkin and oatmeal it kept me full all morning! Thanks, Laura! And yes, pumpkin sausage soup needs to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...