Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin No-Bake Cookies

Pumpkin No-Bake Cookies


My husband's favorite cookies are no-bakes. Which, I'm not even sure how to process that, as I consider myself to be a bake-er (not to be confused with a professional baker--one day!), and he's like "hey, can you not-bake me some cookies?" Sure, baby, whatever you want.

So when I came across this recipe for pumpkin no-bakes, I knew I wanted to make them for him (and for me, let's be honest here). And they ended up being a delicious treat and a nice surprise for him to come home to. Serious wife points here. :)

Ingredients (makes 1 dozen small cookies)

3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup oat flour (make your own by blending oats in a food processor until they become powder. I needed about 3/4 cup oats to make 1/2 cup oat flour.)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk, as needed
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir.

2. In a small bowl, combine all liquid ingredients (including pumpkin). Whisk to combine.

Pumpkin No-Bake Cookies

3. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated.


4. Let the mixture set up in the fridge for about half an hour (this makes them easier to work with), then form into balls and allow to set on a cookie sheet fixed with parchment paper.


Easy peasy, delicious, and fall-y? Yes please!

7 comments:

  1. I love no bake cookies (we actually call them poops because, well, look at them)! I have a peanut butter and chocolate recipe I use, but these sound delicious! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe! I'm all about easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ginny! Easy is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, I hope you enjoy them if you end up making them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. GOSH. These look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...