Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Pinspired

Necklace and flats/ Target | Cardigan/ gift | Tank/ Target (thrifted) | Pants/ Post Exchange


This is one of the pairs of pants I bought this past weekend. They are the farthest I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone since making the decision to start pushing myself out of my comfort zone, so while I knew I could pair them with a lot of clothes in my closet, I wanted the first time I wore them to be something I was comfortable with. So I perused Pinterest for some inspiration.

But since blue pants are such a trendy item, most of the pins I saw had them styled with other trendy items that aren't really conducive to the SAHM lifestyle. Then I stumbled across this pin of an outfit of Audrey's that I had forgotten about. I had been thinking of all the other colors in my closet that I could pair the blue with (fuschia? green? red?) and it didn't even occur to me that I could just pair them with black and white so that the pants were the star and there wasn't too much else going on. Which makes it the perfect way for me to dip my feet in the waters of colored jeans without psyching myself out. I am in love with this outfit and can't wait to wear these pants again.


Linking up with Sarah's Real Life for the Pin to Real Life Challenge!  And to Fashion & Beauty Finds for Keeping It Casual Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. These pants look great on you! Great pin-spired look :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to say they don't scare me any more! ;)

      Delete
  2. Colored pants, way to push yourself out of your comfort zone! Cute outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to happen sometime! Haha thank you!

      Delete
  3. Great way to step out of your comfort zone! I am a colored pants addict myself. I really like the bright blue with the black and white.

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to add more colors to my wardrobe now that I know they work for me!

      Delete
  4. Love how you recreated this look! Cobalt is a hot color!

    xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! i literally tried on a pair this color at old navy yesterday (but alas, their rock star skinny pants are not (at all) for my hips). i am loving the color though! they're also super cute with pastels and neutrals, like this girl:
    http://www.colormebluefashion.com/2011/06/3-ways-to-wear-bright-colored-blazer.html

    happy fourth!!
    cynthia www.scotchandpaprikash.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have the exact same problem with their rock star jeans. It took me forever to find this pair because every single other pair I tried on didn't work for one reason or another, and I found them at the most random place.

      I love how it looks with neutrals, thanks for the inspiration!

      Happy 4th to you as well!

      Delete
  6. So cute! I love my blue skinnies! Colored pants are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now that I have these (and know that I can wear them without being too scared haha), I'm excited to add more!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...