Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Jeans Forever

Necklace flannel and jeans/ Old Navy, tee and flats/ Target


Well, I'm back in jeans again. I know I said no more clothes for awhile, but there is a pretty glaring hole in my wardrobe. I have one pair of shorts, one pair of (brown) cargo pants, and one pair of "colored" jeans (they're grey; that was as far as I was willing to tiptoe into the world of colored denim at the time). But now, I want to add some more colored and possibly also some printed shorts, some more brightly colored pants, and a pair of olive cargo pants. 

So if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find these things on the cheap, that would be helpful! I'm really picky about my shorts, because my hips are so much wider than my thighs, but any recommendations are welcome! And I haven't had much luck finding colored pants because most of the ones I've found are made of that stretchy fabric that just love to show off my panty line.  I'd like some that are true denim because I need that extra bit of structure. Know of anywhere I can get colored denim like that?

As a reward, here is a picture of me getting photo-bombed by the kid and the dog:

 

And because it doesn't get much more casual than jeans and a flannel shirt, I'm linking up with  Fashion & Beauty Finds for Keeping It Casual Wednesday!


Fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Target has some really cute options for not too bad. Also, forever 21 is pretty inexpensive without looking it.

    xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't been to F21 in awhile, I'll have to check them out again soon.

      Delete
  2. I would recommend finding jeans you like (especially thrift jeans) then bleach them and dye them your prefered color. They have all sorts of dyes at pretty much every store in the laundry section. Then you know you like the cut and fabric and you get to pick the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is brilliant. I didn't know you could do that. I'll have to give it a shot!

      Delete
  3. Cute casual look! I want some more colored denim too. I've been wearing my yellow pair way too much. I found mine at the Gap a year or so ago. Maybe try Target? I think you won't really know until you just start trying on a bunch of them. Check locally owned boutiques too.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right, I'll probably just have to get out there and try everything until something works!

      Delete
  4. I just got cute shorts for super cheap at Old Navy, I'd check there.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Old Navy the other day and they do have quite a selection of colored and print shorts. Good luck with looking! You'll have to do an outfit post if you get some!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll definitely do updates as I find things to fill the holes in my closet!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...