Friday, June 28, 2013

Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Thoughts

Sweater/ Target | necklace/ gift from husband | shorts/ REI | sandals/ Payless

Just five random thoughts for your Friday:

I probably could have picked a better backdrop considering the color of the sweater, but oh well, live and learn.

These shorts are actually hiking shorts (worn here), but they're cute and comfy, and olive colored shorts are something I've been wanting so hey, two birds one stone, right?

Do I wear these sandals too much? I feel like I wear these sandals too much. (Here, and here, and here.) I should probably add "more sandals" to the list of things my wardrobe could use. 

I'm very self-conscious of my legs. Between the little bit of extra girth in my thighs, and how goshdarn PALE they are, I'm just not a fan. So the past few months are the first time in, oh, eight years I've worn shorts for that reason. Which is probably why they're so pale. It's a vicious cycle I'm trying to break.

As of tomorrow, I will have been blogging here for one month. In that month, I have learned so, so much. But the most exciting part is how much more there is to learn. I feel like I've already vastly improved, be it pictures, design, HTML, and yet there's still so much more room to grow... and let's not forget the actual point of me starting this blog. I have some very sweet ladies coming here every day (hi guys!) to say sweet things about what I've posted. I'm having fun with my clothes. I have a place to document my journey with food and recipes. And I have a place to store memories or vent frustrations from our time out here, which to me is priceless. I had a feeling I would, but after this first month, I really do love blogging. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

(Linking up with AJ Wears Clothes for the Friday Favorites Remix!)

8 comments:

  1. Yay to a month of blogging, it really is so much fun! Have a great weekend!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun, isn't it? It motivates me to put a little extra thought into outfits and meals, and I love all the things I am learning and people I am connecting with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My legs are ridiculously white too - and have the added bonus of being covered by mosquito scars, bleh. I think your legs are fine, but if you're really bothered by them, there's always self tanner! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Mosquito scars are the worst. You're right, I could get off my butt and just get some self tanner haha. I might do that this week. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love this sweater! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...