Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Strawberry Basil Iced Tea + Gin


I am not a gin lover, or even a gin liker. So when one of our friends left a mostly-full bottle of gin in our freezer after a party, I was at a loss. I went through a few pretty terrible cocktails before coming up with this beauty.

You start with a couple of diced strawberries and about a teaspoon of basil (anybody else in love with basil in cocktails?), then muddle that in the bottom of your glass. I don't have an official "muddler" or pestle, so I just used an attachment for my hand mixer:


Then you add ice and an ounce (or two) of gin. Top it off with iced tea. 



If you like gin, you can probably stop at this point. It was still a little bitter for me, so I added a splash of grenadine to sweeten it up a bit more. 

My favorite part about this drink is the flavor profile of the strawberries with the basil, and when you add the iced tea, it makes the perfect refreshing summer drink. Plus, once you get to the bottom, the strawberries are soaked in booze and make this delicious syrupy goodness.


What cocktails are you loving this summer?

(PS: Fairy Wings Make Good Soup is now on Facebook!)

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have even tried gin before.But I looooove strawberries! This looks good!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally find it kind of gross, but I couldn't let good alcohol go to waste haha! Thanks girl!

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting, glad you figured out a way to use it :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate gin, too! But I love basil! This sounds pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it would be good with vodka, too, if you wanted to give that a shot. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...