Friday, August 23, 2013

Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Homesick

Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Homesick
Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Homesick
Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Homesick
Stay-At-Home Mom Style: Homesick

Apologies for the late post and boring outfit today, guys, but today is the day I took my baby sister back to the airport. Having her here was like having a little slice of home, and it made me both incredibly happy and incredibly homesick. Now that she's gone, all that's left is homesick.

I am immensely grateful that I got to spend her birthday with her, and that she was able to come for a week and a half, and that we had so much fun together, but her absence now has thrown into even sharper contrast how badly I want to go back to Nebraska. Sure, I grew up in Kansas, and most of my family still lives there. But for four years I lived in Nebraska and it wormed its way into my heart and just fit so snug-ly in the part of it that is designated for "home." Not a day goes by that we don't wish we were back there already.

Fortunately, we're a little over halfway through our time out here, so for now I will continue to take advantage of the pros of being here. Even on the days where I lose sight of them, like today.

Sorry for being a debby downer, I hope you all are having a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Aw! Sorry you are missing Nebraska! I hope the second half of your time in California flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to read you are missing "The Good Life" state! Mommy hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, momma! I'm feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the next few months fly by for you and you can get back to Nebraska soon! It's hard being far away from family. I really like living in Nebraska, but I wish my family wasn't 10+ hours away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Me too. 10+ hours away must be hard! All my family is in KC, so I got to see them all the time when I was in Omaha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...